1. Acquisition of Personal Information
USG will acquire in a fair and lawful manner, only such personal information as is necessary, and will ensure that the use of such information is restricted.
2. Personal Information Use
Personal information acquired by USG-UK may be used in the following ways:
• to provide products or services requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, and catalogue distribution (Personal information includes such information necessary to understand the requirements of the customer such as a customer's purchase history and repair history)
• to enable response to customer requests including customer inquiry history (including the collection of customer inquiries for the purpose of improving USG-UK's responsiveness)
• as a reference to determine customer requirements for products, planning, development, advertisement, sales, and service activities of USG-UK (This personal information will include answers to questionnaires given at the time of purchase, the customer satisfaction survey, and the customer's inquiry history)
• to offer product information, company information, service information, and other related information of USG-UK, e.g. the sending of a catalogue, new product information, books, magazines or a mail magazine.
• to verify participants in exhibitions and seminars and to correspond with them after the event
• to develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners and related entities
• as a reference in the recruitment of an individual where the personal information is provided by an inquirer or an applicant to USG-UK
• to send necessary documentation to shareholders including notification of the General Shareholders' Meeting, and to administer dividend payments or other actions as required by Commercial Law of UK
• as defined by Personal Data Protection Law and other applicable laws and regulations in Europe
The acquired personal information may, provided that particular individuals cannot be identified, be processed and used as statistical data.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
a. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Acquired personal information shall not be disclosed to third parties except as listed below:
with prior consent
where authorized by Personal Data Protection Law or any other relevant laws and regulations in Europe.
b. Provision of Personal Information to Sub-contractors
Acquired personal information may be disclosed and offered to sub-contractors within the limited scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used. e.g. When USG-UK sends products to a distributor or assigns the role of organizing a campaign to a data processing company. In such a case, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the third party and USG-UK shall strictly monitor and supervise the handling of the personal information by the third party.
c. Personal Information Sharing
Acquired personal information may be shared and used within USG-UK (see homepage www.unisec.eu) in order to attain the usage purposes described in Section 2, " Personal Information Use " . Personal information that may be shared within the group means: names, addresses, telephone numbers, mail addresses, purchase histories, repair histories, inquiry history and content, and request content. USG-UK is responsible for protecting the personal information that is shared and used within this site.
USG-UK will observe this Privacy Protection Policy and strictly control the security of personal information.
4. Proper Management of Personal Information
All necessary and appropriate security measures will be taken to prevent the acquired personal information from being leaked, lost or damaged, and to secure the safety of the personal information in accordance with the Privacy Protection Policy and other company rules related to information management. USG-UK will also offer all training necessary to ensure the proper handling of information to its directors, employees, and other related personnel.
Inquiries from customers regarding their own personal information, including verification of the purpose of the usage of the personal information, and the giving of opinions or making of complaints with regard to personal information handling, shall be forwarded to the section to which the customer initially provided his/her personal information.
If you do not know the section to which you should send an inquiry, please send your inquiry to the following address, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
USG-UK will comply with privacy protection-related UK laws and regulations, and will review and improve the contents of this document to strive constantly towards better privacy protection.